Snowing day means Sewing Day!
Alright, I might be getting a little ahead of myself, since they aren’t really calling for a snow day. But I wanted to be prepared since what better way to spend a snow day than sewing. There is no shortage of projects on the go so it shouldn’t be a problem.
I have all of my pinwheel blocks sandwiched and quilted, so this weekend I am planning to get them sewn together. I will take some pictures along the way to show you how it goes together. I’m hoping its as simple as it sounds…
Until then I’ll I’ve quilted this week is my pinwheel blocks so will show you some pictures of that, since I know you are here for the quilting 🙂
Boy, what an exciting day at the mailbox today, no bills and my January Bingo Winnings! The theme for January was batiks, and since I won a game during the month I got a squishy envelope in the mail. These are very pretty ones, especially the brightly coloured ones. Although to be completely honest I’m not really sure what the big draw is for batiks. It seems like everyone just loves them. I can think of a number of different types of fabrics I would prefer…hmm, just personal preference and I do have some batiks in my stash, I guess a few more now!
I’ve been spending a large amount of time lately working on a new product for Pioneer Spirit. Lip balm in a tube! Up until now we have only been able to offer it in a tin as I just couldn’t bring myself to put it into a virgin plastic tube. But a little while back I was able to find tubes made some recycled plastic, that once empty are also recyclable! Yahoo! That was a pretty exciting day. So I’ve been working to get them ready to be available early April, our designer has done a great job on the labels. Once we have them packaged and ready I will get a picture for you.
Did you celebrate Pancake Tuesday? We sure did, can’t skip a reason for having pancakes! I tried a modified recipe from what I usually do and I turned out really well. If you didn’t celebrate pancake Tuesday maybe you would like to try this recipe to celebrate Pancake weekend.
Ultra Yummy Pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to sour.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in mixing bowl. Whisk egg, butter and vanilla into “soured” milk. combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. If you are adding blueberries (or chocolate chips 🙂 add them now and mix into the batter.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until browned on the other side.
I was going to take a picture of the snowman we built the other night, but it had fallen over before I had a chance, turns out we could use a lesson on snowman building 🙂 Who knew it would be so difficult!
Hope you are enjoying a quilty day!